The business was begun some time before 1854 by Charles White as a Builder specialising in Church, Vicarage, Methodist Chapel and Country House work, which consisted mainly of Stone Masonry and Joinery.

In 1854 the records show a partnership between Charles White and his sone in law Askew Wood being formed. The current Director (of the now limited company) is the sixth generation builder with much passed down expertise and knowledge.

We are members of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings and employ specialised heritage joiners.

Arthur Wood Joinery is a trading style of Arthur Wood & Sons ltd.

We have won awards for our joinery work (Tattershall castle for The National Trust where we won the 2003 Wood Awards for our restoration of the moat bridges in green oak). We carry out all of our work in the traditional methods we have never ceased to use.

Our workshop facility enables us to manufacture purpose made joinery items to the highest possible standards in both hard and soft woods using traditional methods married to modern machines to provide efficient production.

Our Clients Include:


  • The National Trust
  • English Heritage Grant Aided Contracts
  • The Churches Conservation Trust (formally The Redundant Churches Fund)
  • The Church Commisioners
  • The Crown Estate
  • Numerous Lincolnshire Estates, Farming Companies and Private Individuals

More Information


For more information please contact us on 01507 462465

The fifth, sixth and possibly seventh generation of the family company in the premisis occupied for over 150 years